Registering Your Event
Detailed event registration guidelines can be found in the SAO Handbook.
You must register all events or activities:
- Where alcohol will be served
- Off-campus (off-campus venues must be pre-approved by SAO)
- Where anticipated attendance is 50 or more
- Where the venue capacity is 50 or more
- All performance events, film, and video production activities
- Other events or activities when required by appropriate campus departments or under special circumstances
- Exemptions on this policy are only for weekly organization meetings and board and committee meetings
- If you are unsure if you have to register your event, please contact your advisor
Events or activities that meet any of the above criteria must be sponsored by a recognized student group and are required to have two (2) Brown student Event Managers who are responsible for the overall planning and management of the event.
Performance events, film and video production activities must be sponsored by a recognized student group and are required to have Brown student producers who are responsible for the overall planning and management of the project.
Aim to register two weeks prior to your event date.
Advisors will review event registration forms and email the submitter with either an approval or a request for more information.
Contracting Vendors/Service Providers
Never sign your own contracts. SAO provides standard contracts for speakers, performances, DJs, and other services. The Supplier Registration Form is also required for paying non-Brown vendors.